To help speed along with your request, we require that you follow the steps below before posting a ticket on the Help Desk.
Step 1 – First, please take a moment to read the Basic Troubleshooting Guide - nearly 80 % of all tickets opened are due to the issues described in this guide.
Step 2 - Please take a moment to search the help guides, as the answer to your question is likely already here. You can :
- Use the search field at the top,
- You can press CTRL+F in your browser and then search the entire page for keywords,
- Browse the topics in the navigation menu.
It's the fastest way to get the answer you need!
Step 3 – If your question or issue has not been brought up, then please open a ticket with the following information:
- Your live site URL that shows the issue
- Your WordPress login credentials
- Did you install or update the theme? Using FTP or from the WordPress admin panel?
- Error logs - if you don't know how to get them - check out this guide - Error logs - how to find them - this is necessary only if you report a bug or an issue, not a general "How to" question.
- A specific browser or device involved, if applicable - Operating System version( Windows 8.1, Maverick etc), the model of the device (Ipad 3, Samsung Galaxy etc.), browser version (Safari 7, IE 11 )etc. And screen resolution 1600/800 1440/900 etc.
- Detailed information describing the issue
- Possible screenshots of the issue
Also, please deactivate all the plugins that don't come with the theme. This will allow us to rule out any third-party plugins conflict. We don't deactivate the plugins on a client's site because sometimes this may cause unforeseen issues.
Please note that in most cases, the support staff cannot do much without this information. So to avoid unnecessary delays, please provide the information above.
Step 4 – Let's All Be Civil and Happy People.
Posting a ticket in the Help Desk
Before contacting us, please enter your Envato User Name, your Envato API Key and the purchase code in the Theme Options panel - general settings - the tab "purchase". We need this information for verification and testing purposes. Please also provide the URL of your installation.
If you have difficulties finding the purchase data, check out this guide: Envato Purchase data
If you have installed the theme on localhost, please provide the Item Purchase Code in addition to entering the purchase data in the Vamtam settings panel.
VamTam provides theme-related support via our Help Desk, knowledge-base & video tutorials.
Why not a Support Forum?
Simply put, we can offer you superior support.
A forum works only when you have a large enough active community - thousands of people willing to participate daily. The smaller the community, the more likely you will wait for a long time before someone answers your question. Unfortunately, even the top authors in Themeforest have only a few hundred active users daily, which is not enough to make the forum work.
Why not the Themeforest Comment Board?
1. Access to the Themeforest account is restricted only to the account holder, and the support team cannot get involved.
2. It is difficult to track communication.
3. You can't send sensitive information - FTP/admin credentials.
Our general support hours are Monday to Friday, 0 - 24h. During this time, we can generally provide feedback on any support queries within 8 - 14 hours, whilst we will also commit to answering any queries during weekends and holidays within 24-48 hours.
Extent of our Support
All our items come with free support, and we have a dedicated support team to handle your requests.
We only cover support for our themes and cannot give general WordPress support that isn't related to our themes. For general WordPress support, you will have to use www.WordPress.org/support
We are not able to provide support for code customizations or third-party plugins. We understand that there is a fine line between what is considered support & modifications. So whilst we will try to help you with any type of query (support or modification), we cannot provide extensive help in terms of modifications. Technical support will thus take priority over modification support.
Definition of Modification Support
If you request modification help, which only requires us to publish a couple of lines of code, we will gladly assist you. If your query requires more than that amount of code to be published, we can only provide guidance, and you would then need to hire a developer if you don't have the skills to implement it yourself.
Our commitment is to fix all theme bugs as quickly as possible after they are brought to our attention. We can fix bugs within 24 - 48 hours during our general support hours.